Shared Meter Agreement

The owner must either change the account with a common meter in the owner`s name, or re-wire or re-wire it, so that only the service you receive will be charged. As a general rule, the necessary changes must be made within 30 days of the owner knowing or having known that a common meter existed. Q. What are the special procedures to protect elderly, blind or disabled customers from redundancies? Mr. Hsa. Utility companies must follow special procedures before terminating or denying service to the blind, disabled or elderly. However, these safety measures only apply if all other occupants of the household are blind, disabled, 62 years of age or less. If these circumstances are known, the utility company should endeavour to personally contact an adult resident on the premises or, if this has not been successful, at least 72 hours before the end of the service, in order to develop a plan to prevent layoffs and pay the bills. Payment can be made by a deferred payment contract (DPA) or by payment or guarantee of payment by a public or social authority or private organization. If no payment guarantee plan can be achieved, the utility company must notify the local social service (DSS) and provide the customer`s name, address and termination date so that the DSS can assist in the development of a plan for the customer. The distribution company must continue the service for at least 15 business days after return, unless it is informed by DSS that an acceptable payment or other agreements have been made. The client can also request assistance from the Public Utilities Commission (PSC) for the development of a payment plan.

In cases where the service has already been terminated and the utility is informed that the customer is entitled to old, blind or disabled coverage, the distribution company is required to contact an adult resident with the customer within 24 hours of receiving this notification. A utility cannot terminate the service of a shared account account for non-payment unless the utility informs you and the owner in writing (by mail) 15 days in advance. With regard to the common areas of the building affected by the termination, the distribution company must record a notification to the building. Additional termination obligations in winter and for protected households (see page 22-23) also apply. If you think you are paying for the supply service used by another person, ask the supply company to investigate. The distribution company verifies and conducts tests to determine if a released measuring instrument is available. Within 20 days of your complaint, the distribution company must give you its written decision. If there is a common meter, the provider will enter the account in the owner`s name and charge the owner all shared account fees. All fees for you will be waived.

If you have paid the shared account fee due and paid by the owner, you can get a refund from the supply company. The owner cannot try to charge or collect electricity or joint refunds from you. All you have to do is pay for the supply service for which your apartment is provided. If you think your electricity bill seems too high or their service connections are suspicious, you may have a “shared meter.” This means that your power meter measures gas or electrical service for space or machinery outside your apartment (for example. B for public room fires or any other apartment). Maybe you pay for your service and someone else`s! As a common meter is illegal, your owner is responsible for all charges on a common meter. You are required to provide the supplier with your landlord`s name and address if you have it. If you do not let the investigator into your home, the investigation will be complete.